Chanel Paris Show 2010

Chanel Paris Show 2010
The Lion, the Pearl and the Chanel Wardrobe...


Wednesday 21 July 2010

One of the most valuable lessons in fashion I have learnt, was in fact by the inspirational Diane von Furstenberg, who said one should never throw anything away, as everything eventually comes back into fashion.
I learnt this the hard way as I recently bought myself a new pair of tanned heeled clogs and a cropped denim waistcoat from Topshop. I, of course, owned clogs aged ten and my feet have not grown since then believe it or not, and like very 11 year old girl I owned a denim jacket, which, with a hand pair of scissors, could of looked identical to the waistcoat now. If only DVF had been in my life then I could of saved myself an expensive shopping trip!
Feeling adventurous this morning, and bearing this idea in mind; I dug out an old sleeveless, navy blue gym top from my age 16 netball days, and simply by doing up the buttons on the collar (a move I would of never dreamed of whilst at school) and teaming it with a highwaisted bodycon skirt, I suddenly discovered the joy of recycling clothes!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I loooove going through my moms and sisters closets...I constantly tell them not to throw anything away...:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete